What is celebrate freedom?
CELEBRATE FREEDOM is a Christ-centered, Spirit-filled journey, in which we celebrate God's delivering, healing and restoring power in our lives. We want to help you find your freedom from life's hurts, habits and hangups.
We start our journey by sharing our experience, strength and hope with one another in a safe place. By working and applying Biblical principles, we begin to grow spiritually and experience freedom from our addictive, compulsive and dysfunctional behaviors. This freedom creates peace, joy, serenity and a stronger personal relationship with God and others.
Who is CELEBRATE FREEDOM for?
- Do you have trouble setting limits for yourself?
- Do you sacrifice your own needs to make others feel good about themselves or to keep the peace?
- Do you struggle feeling safe when you aren't in control?
- Do you act kind on the outside but feel bitter on the inside?
- Do you, or someone you love, use food, pornography, sex, relationships, alcohol, or drugs to cope with life's problems?
- Do you live with someone who abuses you or do you feel the continued effects from past abuse?
- Do you sacrifice your identity, desires or needs to make others feel good about themselves or to keep the peace?
- Do you raise your voice to get your way, or struggle with communication due to inward challenges?
- Do you find that your present choices are being heavily influence by the trauma you experienced in your past?
- Do you love someone struggling with destructive behaviors, such as alcohol, pornography and drugs?
What are HURTS, HABITS & HANG-UPS?
A HURT, HABIT or HANG-UP is something that hinders your walk with God.
The feeling of being HURT is an emotional reaction to another person's behavior or to a disturbing situation. Some common hurts include:
- Abused as a child, or by a spouse, employer or the church.
- Relationship Issues
- Dysfunctional Family (Divorce, Alcoholism, Drug Abuse, Rage, Etc.)
A HABIT is an addiction to someone or something. Some common habits include:
- Abusive Behavior
- Cheating, Affairs, Unmarried Sex
- Critical Spirit
- Eating Disorders
- Sex Addiction
- Spending Problems
- Wasteful Pursuits
HANG-UPS are negative mental attitudes that are used to cope with people or adversity. Some common hang-ups that we work through:
- Anxiety, Worry
- Body Image Problems
- Controlling Personalities
- Greed, Envy
- Guilt (false) and/or Shame
- Lack of self-control
- Lack of trust in God
- People Pleasing
We think that you will agree that everyone suffers from a hurt, habit or hang-up. Everyone can benefit from Celebrate Freedom.